Sunday 29 January 2012

Delifrance, Sha Tin, Hong Kong

Wednesday was the last day of the Chinese new year public holiday so I popped into Delifrance for some lunch.

The restaurant has a cafeteria style setting in that your order is taken at one counter and you move along to get your food from another, take your cutlery and condiments, then finally find your seat.

Delifrance has a wide choice on their menu and I decided to go for a hot dish, given the current temperature of Hong Kong that day so opted for their Ham and Mushroom Linguine.

It came with a drink so I chose a freshly brewed coffee. I also decided to supplement my pasta dish with a Vegetable Soup.

My Order of Vegetable Soup, Ham & Mushroom Linguine and Coffee
After ordering, my three items were served quickly and in a presentable manner in white crockery. I carried on to collect my cutlery, where I noticed they only have soup spoons so had to use this to eat my pasta. Never mind.

Although the restaurant was busy due to the holiday I found a seat without much difficulty, probably because I was eating a slightly later lunch at 2pm.

I started with the soup. It was thin, similar to a Chinese soup but decent flavour and hot, which kept me very warm. Noticeable vegetables included carrots , onion and tomato.

For my main, the pasta was cooked well enough, the sauce was creamy but could have had more flavour. They also should have included more mushroom than ham slices to give it a bit more balance.

My meal was rounded off with the coffee, which was freshly brewed and a nice accompaniment.

Overall this was satisfactory as the portions were plentiful, service was quick and the restaurant interior is presentable. It provided better value than the lunch I had a few days ago at Triple O's. If you do not mind twirling your pasta in a soup spoon then this place is fine and I would recommend it.

Scores
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 12/20

Total Bill: $52, which is about 4.50GBP.

I ate: Ham and Mushroom Linguine.

I drank: Vegetable Soup and Coffee.

I wore: Zegna Sport jacket, with double layer as it was a Baltic 7 degrees in Hong Kong that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment