Friday 21 March 2014

Hokkaido Dairy Farm Restaurant, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

I found myself in a food court on a Sunday for this quest and out of the various outlets available I opted to try out Hokkaido Dairy Farm Milk restaurant.

I would say this place offers Hong Kong cafe style food. From their menu I decided to go for their Hokkaido Signature Set. Cash was exchanged and without too long a wait was presented with my food in its plastic and paper ware.

The food court was busy and I ended up walking a fair distance from the counter to find a seat.
Hokkaido Signature Set
The set is like a breakfast meal from a local cafe. There was a bowl of macaroni in a translucent, chicken stock, brothy soup base that tasted good enough; with barbecued pork slices topping it off, which was nice. The eggs were fried sunny side up as requested, which were still runny and the ham was slightly cooked. The thick white bread was lightly toasted, which I combined with the egg and ham to make a pleasant sandwich. 

I ordered tea as my drink for the set, which tasted like Hong Kong style cafe tea with evaporated milk, which to coin a phrase, is not really my cup of tea. 

My meal was filling without being anything special taste-wise. Service was efficient as with most food courts in Hong Kong. As it is in a food court of a popular shopping centre, due to its convenience I will likely visit again to give another item on their menu a try.

Scores:
Food: 3/5
Presentation: 3/5
Service: 3/5
Setting: 3/5

Overall: 12/20

Total Bill: 42HKD, about £3.50.

I ate: Hokkaido Signature Set.

I drank: Tea, that was part of the set.

I wore: Leisurely track suit top.

No comments:

Post a Comment